Welcome to Windows Forum - Computer Support Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to stop iTunes from launching automatically?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

toronado455

toronado455

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows XP SP3 Home (problem also occurred when I was still using SP2)

When there is an audio CD in my optical drive and I try to open the root directory level of my optical drive by going to My Computer/DVD-RW Drive (D:), iTunes always automatically launches. How do I stop it from doing that?

I have set the Autoplay properties for my optical drive to "open folder to show files" for every file type (music files, music CD, mixed content, etc.) and checked the box for "always do selected action". This actually works correctly, but only for inserting a disc. In other words, when I insert an audio CD, the window showing the root level directory of the audio CD opens and the files are displayed. And that's what I'd like, so that part is fine.

The problem is when I try to open the root of the CD by going to My Computer/DVD-RW Drive (D:) because that is when iTunes launches instead of opening the folder.

This problem only occurs with Audio CDs. Data CDs never cause unwanted iTunes launching.

Edited by toronado455, 09 September 2008 - 03:37.

Scarecrow Man

Scarecrow Man

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts
  • OS Architecture:64 Bit (x64)
There is a preference in iTunes to auto-play a CD when inserted.

Edit > Preferences have a look around here for the 'On Insert' feature. I don't have iTunes so I am unable to find this option for you.

toronado455

toronado455

• Pip
  • 2 posts

There is a preference in iTunes to auto-play a CD when inserted.

Edit > Preferences have a look around here for the 'On Insert' feature. I don't have iTunes so I am unable to find this option for you.

Thanks.

Edited by toronado455, 12 September 2008 - 10:45.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users