Welcome to Windows Forum - Computer Support Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recovering data

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

kjumani

kjumani

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need to recover data from and old laptop which doesn't boot. Trying to use its drive to retrieve data and connected to another computer thru usb and drive case. the computer sees the drive but says its not accesable when I try to read it

Help

Thanks

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb

ドラえもん

• Forum Moderator
  • 10,526 posts
  • OS Architecture:64 Bit (x64)
What is the operating system of the 2nd computer?

Does it really just say "not accesable", or something a little bit more meaningful?

Posted Image Posted Image

Doraemon - the robot cat from the future.

JosephObrien

JosephObrien

• Pip
  • 13 posts
once time i got my lost data through data recovery tool which was free trail....so that you should be going this direction to get your lost data...

kjumani

kjumani

• Pip
  • 2 posts
luckily the new computer also running windows XP reconized the drive when booted in safe mode with command prompt. I ran "chkdsk/f" followed by the drive name which fixed some memory locations and when I put the the bad drive back in the old computer it booted right up and had to run "chkdsk/f again on that computer and the computer runs beautifully.

thanks guys I thought I should post the fix which I stumbled by trial and error, I am not a computer viz

scb352

scb352

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok fine, good job.
I have a suggestion my friends, when going for trial versions of Data Recovery software, first try a demo recovery to make sure recovery software working perfecty. If not there is a risk for loosing your data permanently.
Good Luck
Techie-Sab
tech-information.in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users